Wednesday, September 30, 2009

B.A. Happy Place

You know, it's a little hard to attend an event for the YW/YM when you haven't even been informed about it! Sheesh, people!



CC and AJ went to the Church as usual and discovered several youth and their parents in attendance for some presentation. (They were from the other ward that has recently joined up with our youth group in an effort to build numbers. Don't even get me started...) Anyway, the grand total of YW from our ward was ONE=my daughter. YM from our ward was about a handful, but none of them had parents in attendance either. Only the other ward seemed to have been notified and showed up.

Anyway, the upshot of it was that the presentation was a farce (the guy giving a demo on computers couldn't get his to play a slideshow....you can fill in the details) and the kids were glad when it mercifully ended. They told me it was no big deal that I wasn't there but you know what, I try hard to support the program and leaders. Had I known about it I would have been there, regardless of the lame-ness. Really.

Note to self: if you want people to come, you must tell them about it!

Times are changing along with the demographic here. The youth used to be cohesive and attendance was regular. But today, next to nobody shows. So sad and such a waste.


I'm hungry for some of Stone's bean dip. He makes this mean baking sheet filled with beans, guacamole, sour cream, tomatoes, cheese, olives.... You take some tortilla chips and scoop up a little bit of heaven!


Housing at B.A.

Hey, I met someone that I knew when I was a girl in B.A. She sat down in the seat next to me in my last class of the day and began talking to me as one mom-going-back-to-school to another. Soon the conversation turned to where we've lived and narrowed down right to the very place that I loved the most in my youth! Her family and our family were members of the Church and held Primary in each others' homes. I have photos of our families together, so I brought them to class for her to see. She was shocked! The memories began to flow and as I reminded her of places and names it was fun to watch her reaction. She is a few years younger than I but she did recall several of the events that I recounted.

Whaddaya know 'bout dat?! Pretty cool.

I loved B.A. I still love B.A. It's my happy place.

No comments:

Post a Comment