Monday, May 9, 2011

Mutha*

Mutha's day is over.

Why do I cringe when it comes around? Probably because its a sore subject for me in a variety of ways. We won't go into those here because we ain't got that kinda time.

I have to say, though, that my kids did make it a special day and WITHOUT COACHING! I'm dead serious! AJ got up early, mowed lawns, trimmed shrubbery, went to the store to purchase weed killer and then weed-killed....Then he did the dishes and cleaned the kitchen before helping CC cook dinner (meat and potatoes, my favorite). On top of all that, he presented a pair of Toblerone he had picked up just for the occasion. I was so blown away. What an effort! SCORE!!! Let's not be neglectful of CC here....she made sure I was looked after and she had gone to the trouble of getting me some scrumptious vanilla hand soap all tied up in a ribbon. Very sweet and just the scent that I like too.

So, that's over.

What next......

I miss my brothers and sister. I really miss them at times and flash back to those years of watching them grow up. We see each other so little. Too much time goes by between visits and then when the visits end it hurts. This is all on me. It is what it is.


No comments:

Post a Comment