Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Preludes Please Me

Would you believe me if I told you that I bought something for myself today?


I can hardly believe it myself and I was there when it happened.


Of course, the copy I got was more user friendly than this one.

Bonus: I can manage to play each one too.


Usually when I get a book of music it is from the library.  I can't get through many of the pieces cuz I have such limited piano skills.  But this time I found one I liked, took the chance, bought it, and hit a home run.

I don't play enough.  Gonna work on that. 

It used to be my habit to play in the evening on Sundays as the kids were winding down and getting ready for bed.  I'd turn off lights except for the lamp over the music, and play everything that made me feel something.  By the time I finished the kids would be ready to sleep and so would I.  Good times.

My piano skills are primarily playing by ear.  I can read the music and timing if I am familiar with the piece or if it isn't overly complicated or intricate.  I like to play how I feel instead of like a robot getting every note exactly so. 

So what?
I play to please me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment