Thursday, September 13, 2012

The Eagle Passed

Issue #1:  Eagle Project = DONE!

All that's left is the paperwork that
AJ has to complete and submit on his own.

People donated (in response to AJ's flyer
on neighborhood doors and announcements at church) almost the entire cost of all the materials used.

People showed up and WORKED
(including Soda and his son, and LL's son)
on both days of the project!

A true Eagle Scout Project done by the scout 
and not the mom.  It was a pleasure to watch
 AJ coordinate, calculate, instruct,
 and follow through like an adult.


Issue #2:  Car Emissions/Inspection = PASSED!

A friend suggested an additive for the crankcase
(yes, I know what a crankcase is)
and gas tank that could help
burn out some of the gunk
(as Bill Cosby likes to say).
  Put it in, drove the car for 30 minutes,
left the car at the shop for
another go at the emissions testing.

Auto shop replaced plugs and did minor tune-up.
Results - drive it legally one more year!


So, I have been saying prayers of thanks
for His tender mercies
and compassion all day long!!!!!!!
I really had to work at having faith
and not worrying or getting depressed
since last Friday.
It is true that how I have handled
such impossible
situations in the past didn't appear to
work for me.
It was necessary to try a new approach.
  
Said lots and lots of prayers all week
to help me let go
 because frankly,
there was absolutely NOTHING
I could possibly do about any of it.
It was out of my control. 

No comments:

Post a Comment