Sunday, January 10, 2010

No-Doze

Don't want to go to sleep cuz that brings tomorrow quicker.

Do you ever feel that way? My kids are asleep, the house is quiet, nobody is calling or asking me for anything. Just peace. If I go to sleep, I just dream about the same stuff I tackle during my waking hours anyway. I dream about being put in charge of things, having responsibility for things, trying to keep things afloat, working hard, being neglected or overlooked.... Sleeping brings all of that on and that's not something I look forward to. Now, if I dreamed of fun times or exotic get-aways or adventures, that would be inviting. But I don't.

Last night CC came in to my room upset because she had a nightmare about meth addicts sticking her with needles... She climbed into my bed and we tried to sleep. A couple of hours later she went back to her own bed cuz she said I snored. Probably so. Today she asked me what kind of dreams I have and I told her they were about the same stuff I live during the day. She said that didn't sound fun. It's not.

Anyways, all I want to do is enjoy the peace and keep the demands and stresses of tomorrow as far away as I possibly can manage to do. I know, I'm just making things a mess because then I'm tired and weak for the next day. Yeah, but I'm willing to make the trade, I guess.

I even have taken to falling asleep with the tv on, the volume almost off, just to distract me from who-knows-what as I doze off. AJ has the same trouble that I have: we can't turn off our brains to fall asleep. He struggles with that and has to read (albeit by flashlight most of the time) into the late hours before he can zonk out. We need to install switches, don't we. Either that or record that talks of Stake High Counselors and play them back at bed time. (You know what I'm talking about!)

CC is lucky. She goes straight to sleep when her head hits the pillow. She may call out or talk in her sleep, but generally she is out until morning. I WISH! {or do I?}

Why are you still reading this? I'm so boring.....What's on BYUtv tonight?

No comments:

Post a Comment