Monday, April 19, 2010

Pile it on

I mean, I just don't seem to get it.

Went in to school today to finish a final project. As soon as I finished, my Prof. walks in, says hello and asks where I was on Saturday. Apparently, he gave the final Saturday morning while I was still in bed....nice. Luckily for me, I had my syllabus handy and showed him the final exam date on it. (Remember, it says Monday, April 20....neither of which are a match.) So, he admitted to the error and I took the exam on the spot.

Once home, I tried to clear up the snafoo with the IRS and got two different responses over the phone. Neither one offered confidence. I scribbled a reply on their letter and put it in the mail. Hope I don't have to serve time over it. No matter what else happens, it is clear that I won't see a tax refund of any sort. We normally live on a return over the summer. Now what?!

School's over for me until Fall. What to do...

I've looked for jobs month after month. Nothing but rejections.

Could use a getaway...car won't cooperate with that idea.

LL's husband deploys this week (training then overseas). It's killer that she has to go through this and I can't be there for moral support. LL is absolutely capable of managing. No question. She's got a whole ward that loves her and her family. They'll look after her okay. Her oldest son is away on a mission. Her oldest girl will leave home to come out here for school in the Fall. It's gonna be lonely. I just still have that old reliable pang that this is my job and I'm supposed to look after her.

One doctor checkup lead to a mammogram and bone density test. Grand total on the bill: $550. And that's AFTER insurance paid their portion. Where am I gonna come up with that? I can't NOT go to the doctor just to save money but my heck! Just put it on the pile.

Time for bed. No rest for the weary.

No comments:

Post a Comment