Sunday, March 4, 2012

Personal Progress = DONE!

     Yep, that's right.  I actually finished the Young Women's Personal Progress program all by myself.  It is the new program which includes the newest value VIRTUE.  The leaders made the announcement that moms could earn the medallion while their daughters were in YW so I thought what the heck.  I never got anything like this when I was a teen and if they were going to offer me the opportunity to experience such a thing, I might as well jump on it!

     All I have to do now is submit the record of what I've completed and then the YW leaders will get the certificate signed.


    I look forward to receiving the medallion.  Silver, please.


CC and I will both have the award.  However, hers is a different version of the medallion because she earned it a few years ago.  She earned it under the old program (purple book).


     What next?  CC and I will work together to complete the requirements for the Honor Bee charm, which is basically to re-read the BOM and sort of sponsor another YW girl through the program, and so forth.  I think we can earn up to 3 charms.  We'll see.  Don't want to over-kill.


     It feels good to try something new and meet a challenge.  I'm proud of CC too for having completed hers and for wanting me to go the extra mile with her on the Honor Bee portion. 

     Smile, y'all.  I'm still alive!

No comments:

Post a Comment