Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Edu-ma-cation!


Don't ya just hate teachers that fill the syllabus with busy work? This amount of baloney could choke a person. For real. I spent one class period with this lady and realized I would literally suffocate if I ever went back for another class.

And the crappy part was the fact that she was bragging about how she is part-time faculty and she's been doing this for FIFTEEN YEARS! Oh, the poor schmucks who have slogged their way through that pool of ridiculous...

Add insult to injury, the texts (that's right, I said text(S) were a whopping $105.00!! Criminal.

Well, she has three TA's (overkill, don't you think?) and they do all the work and make all the rules. But the clincher was when she told us that we who are proud of our country and think it is pretty great were going to have to re-think that during the course of her class and come to another conclusion at the end. What the heck? Really? Seriously?

I couldn't drop that class fast enough!!! It hit the cyber-trashcan faster than a june bug on a Mississippi windshield. Selling the text(S) back was the highlight of my afternoon, I'll tell you right now.

Thank goodness there was another section available with a different professor. Shoot! He's got a personality and he actually cares that you enjoy the subject a little. And get this: his "text" is a 25 page printout of pertinent material to the subject that cost a whole $9.90. Oh, and we need to make sure we have access to a world atlas later on in the semester for some assignment work. Period.

Yeah, so anyways....

I'm down to three days a week, full-time status instead of 5 days a week. I can breath a little now.

Look, I know I'm blessed to be able to even go to school, and even more blessed to go to BYU. Not to mention the fact that between a scholarship and a grant my tuition is paid (for full-time only). Believe me, I'm very grateful. But I'm even more grateful that somebody bailed out of the good class and left me an opening in the nick of time to keep my full-time hours up to snuff.

The way things look now, I can actually accept sub jobs on my non-school days and maybe have a semblance of an income while I go to school. Whaddaya think about dat? Outstanding!

No comments:

Post a Comment