Saturday, September 5, 2009

One Point Squeaker


So Stone invited us to hang out and watch the game with him today. AJ was busy (YM service in someone's yard removing old tree roots...) and CC had a babysitting gig (a long-standing client). Stone said, "You're welcome to just come by yourself then." Well, we all know how that ended. We didn't go over. But I have to say, it was nice to be invited because it's been a long time since we've had a get-together or anything.

The game was a victory for the Cougs. One point is all it took. A squeaker, but a victory, nonetheless.
-
Soda called to check up on me today. He always asks how things are and if anything is new. "Still treading water, but my arms are getting tired," is what I answered. He asked me if the sharks were beginning to circle. My answer: sharks don't want any of this. Usually he asks if I've heard from anyone in the family and I give him the scoop as I know it.

He told me one of his daughters moved to Calif and took her kids with her. That means that he hasn't had to be a babysitter for the grandkids so regularly. She will be coming back for a "visit" over the weekend. Cross your fingers that she will actually just "visit".
Yet another daughter has moved back in with him, with her little boy. His son and dau-in-law moved in with him a few months back and they are expecting their first baby. I guess just as he begins to get out from under, they pull him back in, huh. His youngest son is having amazing success in Chihuahua, baptizing the citizens right and left. Some missions can be like that. Patience thy name is Soda.
-
Wanna hear about a miracle? I got an email today from BYU telling me to check my financial account online for a message. It turns out that I've been awarded a 2nd scholarship from out of the blue! All I had to do was click the box that said "accept". Typically I'd be waiting for the other shoe to fall but in this case I just said thankyou. {Yes, I felt my eyes get wet with joy and some relief.} Can you believe it? A grant and two scholarships to help us get through the school year. We keep on squeakin' on!
-
Tell me something good. Tell me, tell me, tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment