Saturday, September 26, 2009

Sputter






One midterm, 2 projects, 6 current event reports, 5 quizzes, 2 labs and 4 papers later....

I'm still alive. My crankiness has tripled. Envelopes are being pushed.

Got a call from school telling me the donors of my scholarship want to meet me at a date and time they have set. When I told the caller that I have classes during that time she was annoyed. It was certainly the least I could do-to skip my life and meet the generous donors who make my schooling possible. Really? A scholarship means they own my butt? I don't think so. Thanks for the cash, thanks for the help, let me attend the classes you are paying for so I don't flunk them. Geniuses.....I'm sure they'll live. Or will they? The caller said she'd talk to the donors and re-schedule another reception. Great. You do that. I'll hold my breath too.

Today I went out and wandered through a Dollar Store in the neighborhood. That's how desperate I am for a diversion. Who needs that many figurines, anyway? People actually buy the crap in there? Yeah, they buy it and stand in long snaking lines waiting for their chance to plunk down there cash for China's latest piece of crap export. Sad and raggedy.

News around our place:
AJ had great success today at the Nebo Band Competition. OHSMB came in 2nd! Nicely done. Now he can spend some time with a snow shovel clearing a path in his room.

CC spent her weekend with her group of friends and enjoyed watching the MV High football team win! Thank goodness we keep in contact with cell phones or I'd hardly see her anymore.

Chance still sheds like a mother on everything we own. His tuna breath isn't helping smooth things over either.

Tracey still manages to ramp up his needy-ness at every opportunity. If I move a muscle he is on his feet, wagging his tail and pleading to go with me wherever I'm heading. Heaven forbid I shift my weight on the couch. It sets him off into a panic.

I emailed my brother Shep to ask him for some reading suggestions to help me pull myself out of a blues slump. His reply began by telling me to read the Series of Unfortunate Events because those kids REALLY had problems... Wow. He went on to say reading the scriptures and related supplemental manuals were helpful and he also gave me the names of a few psych books I could try. SERIES OF UNFORTUNATE EVENTS is the name I already perform under, dude!

Soda called me this week again. He gave me updates about his kids and grandkids because I asked him how they were. Nik is in CA with her kids. Kelc is moving out with her son soon. TJ and wife live in their basement. Dyl is having enormous success in Chihuahua. Kourt plays soccer and Soda hopes she will go to college.

LL and hubby are going on a cruise. I know this from FB posts they make.

JW's son Vic was in a band performance on the football field where he lives. The photos were on FB. Go Vic!

Jus's oldest daughter went to her first prom. Saw the pics of that on FB too.

Sent an email to my dad. It came back. I guess that's that.

I need to watch Pride and Prejudice for a few hours to unwind. Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth speak to me.

A nephew from the "other side" called me by mistake and wished me a happy birthday until he realized he had dialed the wrong aunt. He told me to have a happy b'day whenever it comes around and he hung up. Touching sentiment, isn't it? Just warms the heartstrings how that family draws me in and makes me feel wanted and loved. {insert puke here}

Anybody say ugly illegitimate red-headed step child? I could have sworn I heard it.

No comments:

Post a Comment