Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Taxed

All done. Mailing them tomorrow. It's amazing how much I pay in taxes in spite of having no job for over a year. Go figure.

So, what else?

Got any ideas on a topic for a Middle East History research paper? I'm blanking.

"Things will work out. Keep trying. Be believing. Be happy. Don't get discouraged. Things will work out." -Gordon G. Hinckley

While walking up to campus this morning, I had a prayer in my heart that I would have a clear mind and be able to work the computer problem that was giving me trouble. I knew that I would have a lot of students coming to me for help with it and I just had to get it to work myself first. I had no clue how to go about it, but I had to ask for help from the Lord. By the time I got to the Kimball Tower, I was impressed to avoid the lab, and go into the basement of the building to a secluded computer area where I would work uninterrupted. So, I did just that. As soon as I signed onto the computer, the impressions came step by step about how to proceed with the task. After several tries I got the problem completed. I logged off, offered my prayer of thanks, and I went up the elevator to the lab. Sure enough, there were several students there lying in wait. I was able to help them competently, thanks to the tender mercies of the Lord. For this, I am grateful today.

No comments:

Post a Comment