Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Type4You and Yappers



My friend asked me to help her do some document preparation for a local attorney. I transcribe dictation from a recorder and then handle the creation of correspondence and pleadings for the court. So far I've kept up pretty well and it feels good to be back in the legal arena again. Downside: I'm not getting much sleep because of all of the sitting at my computer.
-
There was the possibility of a full-time secretary job at BYU. One of the professors in the philosophy department had sent me word of the opening but only after the listing had expired. I had discussed it with the kids and with a couple of people I trust to give me good opinions. We all had the same idea that this would be a way to find some financial security for my family for a change. So, needless to say, we were excited at the prospect. However, it was soon discovered that the job posting was removed and there was no way to apply. Emails to the department made no difference. It was just gone.
-
Behind us is a new family with two straggly yapping mutts they keep tied to the fence with a 3 foot cord. These poor creatures are in 90+ degree heat all day and night and they bark and bark and bark. After I spoke with the new tenant once about it and it continued, I had no hesitation about calling the police for assistance. They dispatched an animal control officer but as soon as the officer arrived, the tenants scooped up the mutts and hid them from view. So, at 3 a.m. and 3:15 a.m. and 3:25 a.m., etc. the mutts yap and yap and yap waking the whole neighborhood. Am I the only one that is annoyed enough to call it in? This is such an unbelievable area.
-
I need a good dinner and a nice movie to help me relax and re-group. I think I'm dehydrated and exhausted from the heat and the work I've been doing both outdoors and indoors.

No comments:

Post a Comment