Thursday, September 2, 2010

Big DEAL!



Compare the Islamic Umma and its ideal with the early LDS concept and practice of Zion. DUE TUESDAY.

I'm thinking FAMILIES, CONVERTS, PERSECUTION, COMMUNITY, CHOICES ABOUT DOING GOOD...

Two pages.

Dry classes this semester. Economic Geography just isn't thrilling, is it. Statistics is sleeping pill in a paperback. Middle East History up to 1450AD is looking to be a much better experience than the last one of its kind. Remote Sensing is a lot of calculations again. Not one of my strengths. The guy teaching this class is in Stone's ward, I think.

School is such a great place for me to be. If I relax and just let it be what it is then I enjoy it more. The workload can get heavy. That along with working to keep the mortgage paid is very heavy. Plus trying to be some shadow of a parent to teens, making time t
o be with them, getting them outfitted and delivered, listening. I'm always on the brink of collapse it seems.
I was telling LL the other day that I'm just not pioneer woman stock. I get tired and I'm not feeling effective at anything I do in a day.

HERE'S MY MIRACLE STORY :
Yesterday I got the registration renewal notice for the car. Each year this is a time of fear because I convince myself that the car will never pass the inspections.
Well, I got the car straight into the mechanic and waited anxiously for the call. Brakes? Fuel pump? Mirrors busted off? When the shop called with the "all ready for you",
I walked over. CC went too. I was taking deep breaths trying to steady my nerves for what
was to come and CC said I was being crazy. What was the big deal, she was saying. It's just an inspection. WHAT WAS THE BIG DEAL?!!?!??!!!!?!?!! Yeah, it really wasn't a big deal on her planet but to me it was the potential for one more major problem that would require major cash that I major NEVER have. In the end, the car passed and I felt like I got away with something! As I walked through the lot to take the car away, I told CC I felt like I would cry. She, of course, thought I was a lunatic. I, on the other hand, was telling Heaven
ly Father thanks again and again and again for this mighty miracle in my silly little life.

No comments:

Post a Comment