Monday, September 6, 2010

Discerning

It is 2:30 a.m. and I'm online trying to put thoughts into words. Not my forte'.
Remember I said I made some cash on eBay? Now I'm dealing with a couple of crazies who are trying to get me to refund money for items they have received. One says she didn't care for the item and wants a refund but she won't return it first. Another wants a refund and says a book didn't ever arrive but the tracking from USPS says it was delivered. Another thinks the shipping she paid for a boat-load of books was too high and she says I ought to be ashamed of myself... Like I said, crazies. But it is nastiness and I don't do nastiness very well. All I can do is let them post their ugly feedback and watch them try to get eBay to demand their refunds from me. It's all such a crock. I had such a great experience with 99% of the buyers, but now I have to deal with the "few" who want to rip me off. I don't want to live eternity in this kingdom, I've decided.

CC asked me AGAIN why we can't just sell this house and move. I know I've explained this to her at least a zillion times before but she either can't accept the answer or won't. I know we live in a crappy house in a crappy area. I know. I'm sorry.

Guess what I learned from Elder Bednar yesterday? Discernment is predicated on quick obedience. Discernment then comes to discern the bad in others and in myself as well as the good in others and in myself. I get it. My PBlessing says I have this gift. I get it.

The kids head out to Disneyland on Friday afternoon next. They are excited. It is the only way they will ever get to go. They are going with friends and I am hoping to come up with the money for their share. The Lord always comes through on these needs. And all needs. We live on the fumes of faith. (Or should I call it the bounty of faith?)
Speaking of con-artists: Chance is playing every one of us in the house! He gets his daily dose of moist catfood from one of us and then plays whomever comes into the kitchen for another. He's got those beautiful blue eyes that just get into your soul and he asks so nicely... We are on to his game. Such a player.

I walked down the sidewalk to see a friend and as I passed a car parked at the curb I noticed my neighbor sitting in the passenger side reading a book under the cab light. When I came back around, the neighbor had slunk down in the seat hoping not to be noticed. I thought of all of the reasons I would sit in my car to read and how I would want to be left alone too. I smiled to myself.

Better go to bed. It all starts again in a few hours. Right?

P.S. I miss my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment