Sunday, November 1, 2009

Neurotic News

So, where was I...

Oh, yes.

Here's are some of the things I have learned this semester:
1. You can never eat enough rats.
2. Chad is the end all and be all of sub-saharan Africa.
3. I can digitize Helamans Halls and the connecting sidewalks.
4. Cold air gives me a bloody nose.
5. There is never enough...of anything.

Well, I got signed up for next semester. Funny that there were only four classes that are required for my major offered for winter semester so my choices were essentially made for me. The tragedy is that it forced me to take a class I don't really want to take from a professor that I don't care for. Yeah, I could wait for another semester and hope for the other professor, but that would kick me out of full-time status and I'd lose my scholarships. So, yea. Sheesh.

I try to look at school as a bunch of hoops that I must jump through to get to the end of the contest. Problem is, the hoops are on fire and keep moving! My mantra: grades don't matter....grades don't matter....grades don't matter.

For Halloween, I stayed home and gave out ancient candy to those brave enough to knock. One group of boys came to the door and held out their bags for some. I told the ones in costumes they looked great but the ones who did not have costumes on caught my attention. I asked them what they were trying to be for Halloween. "We're Mexicans!" they said and they grinned wide grins. Ask a stupid question...

Is it wrong for me to get up and move to another seat in the chapel before Sacrament meeting begins? There is a particular family that has loud kids and even louder parents that often sit near me on Sundays. Inevitably, I don't hear a thing of the meeting, only this family's carrying ons. Today, they came in late, took the bench in front of me and then their son began hacking up a lung. No. No. No. This was not going to happen. I got up, climbed over CC, told her I was moving and to come with me. We went to the back, sat on cold folding chairs and heard every word of the meeting. Later, our friends who were in the bench behind where we had originally sat, asked if they had done something to offend. Once I began to say that I couldn't take the noise or the hacking cough of the LOUDS family, they nodded their heads in complete understanding. Was this a bad thing? Nah. Life rewards action.

Tonight's dinner: baked spaghetti-type-lasagne. A concoction of spaghetti, sauce, cheeses and oven that turned out surprisingly well. AJ disagreed, as he so often does, and was quick to note that it was disgusting and inedible. Choice. CC scarfed it. It was her idea. She loves pasta in its many forms. AJ, not so much.

Have I already told you that I am SO looking forward to a pet-free home one day? This fur is a pestilence of epic proportions. Enough already. Chance even got a little passive-aggressive last week when he got locked in my room for the day by accident. He left me a damp message right on top of my bed. SICK, huh? It goes without saying that he is banished from my room. He's frankly lucky to be alive, to be honest.

Tracey is in a world of his own. The neurosis is escalating now. He hides under my desk and slinks out when we demand it. The only animation we see from him is when he has got to answer nature's call. Then he dances, jumps, breathes his foul breath at us and chatters his teeth. Once the call has been answered, he comes inside and returns to the dark recesses and waits for a call to eat.

NO MORE PETS, people. NO MORE!

Why am I telling you all of this? I wish I knew.

No comments:

Post a Comment