Sunday, November 15, 2009

Not Called, But Chosen.


The bishop called me out of Sunday School today and I was told today that I'm not to say anything about knowing who the new RS pres will be. The current pres let it slip to me and the other RS counselor but the bishop is worried that news will get around the ward before the new pres is called or even has a chance to select her counselors. So, I won't say. However, we will soon need a new choir director and RS teacher to take her place... Just so ya know....

And it's not like I can even enjoy the idea of being released, now can I?! Nope. As soon as my soul filled with joy at the prospect, I was told that the possibility of being RE-Called as a counselor still exists. Not only that, but in the event that I actually do attain release-hood, it follows (as the night follows the day) that I will be called into another position post haste.
See??? I tried to enjoy the news, but NO!!!!!!

Anyway,

I was building the blog posting for our RS Super Saturday and I uploaded a LOAD of photos of the day. When I think about it, the turn out was meager as has been the attendance of most of the events we plan these days. Some say that people just don't know about things and therefore they can't plan to be present. I say Horse Hockey! This time I made personal visits to ALL sisters and issued personal invites! [And let's not forget that fabulous blog that has all of the facts and dates on it too.]

The fact is, as I see it, that we are all running as fast as we can and that it just isn't prudent to run faster. Know what I mean? Think about it. The economy is stressing everyone out, people are overscheduling themselves and their children, down time is at a premium and people just don't want yet another "thing" that they have to go to. I'm there. I get it. But, we continue to hold these events as we are instructed to do by the leaders of the Church and we go home afterwards knowing that we were obedient and keeping our covenants. Right? Of course right.

You know, if I were to aspire to a calling at all I think I'd enjoy being a secretary. Just a plain ol' secretary in the RS or Primary or wherever. I'd put my artistic and organizational skills to work and really shine as a secretary. There would be no decisions to make for anyone, no lessons to prepare, no blank stares to endure. Just take the roll, pass out flyers, smile and nod. Yeah, that's the ticket!

So, let's take a poll. Where do you think I'll be called to serve next?

No comments:

Post a Comment