Saturday, November 7, 2009

Stupid Teacher Tricks

Ridiculous exam questions of the week:

1. Which of the following 6 choices IS NOT one of the things an angel can do, according to Islam?

2. Which country in West Asia has not fully explored their oil reserves?

3. Of the all of the nations in West Asia that traffick in women and children for sale, which nation does their trafficking through Russia first and then to the United Arab Emerits?

4. Of all the nations that deal in sales of arms and weapons, which one is listed as number 5?

I kid you not. This is the stuff that is "essential" data for me to memorize!?!?!?

Chyah...right.

Lazy teachers or disconnected trivia masters? BOTH, I've decided.

Hey, there's a reason these things are on Wikipedia: They Don't Matter!!! (Unless you live in West Asia and want to avoid being sold into prostitution in Russia, or you have a hankering to search for oil in the West Asian deserts, or you happen to run into an Islamic Angel, or need to know how to bargain shop for ICBMs...)

Grades don't matter.....grades don't matter.....grades don't matter.....

New subject.

I know I don't really know WJ's girls very well but I do know that when the news began to announce the recent shootings at Ft. Hood, Texas, they were my first thought! They both have been stationed there at Ft. Hood. But the word came quickly that they were both out of harm's way and I was relieved. I was relieved for my brother too. Those are his babies!!! Psycho's do more harm than they probably think. What a waste.

Tonight I talked with LL about everything and nothing. (Typical for us.) She was telling me about her recent trip to D.C. and as she mentioned the sites she visited I flashed to the time she was a toddler and our family visited D.C. together years ago. Now,to hear her speak about her walking the grounds and monuments and museums as an adult, it was sort of Twilightish for me.

"Doo-doo doo-doo doo-doo doo-doo...."


I have a question: Why don't people stand still with respect when the national anthem is played? When I was subbing on Tuesday, the Star Spangled Banner came on over the P.A. system and the kids and I stood, faced the flag and held our hands over our hearts as we sang along. Two teachers who were standing at the door talking KEPT RIGHT ON TALKING AND LAUGHING and got louder and louder because of that pesky music coming over the speakers! I looked at them with my death ray a couple of times but they were oblivious. What the crap?!!


Oh, and did I mention that the class I was subbing in was the Special Needs class? Wow.
What a sad commentary on those ignorant "teachers".

America is the greatest nation on the planet! BAR NONE!! Get used to it, people.

Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got TIL IT's GONE.... (See Moroni for further explanation.)

1 comment:

  1. I have always loved my country. The spirit was so strong at the monuments in DC. Those who have given and are still giving their lives for this country are doing the will of the Lord. He will bless this country as long as the majority of us are righteous. We are Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete