Wednesday, December 16, 2009

FINAL-LY

Done.

Finals are over for this semester. Yeah, I passed. I won't know what my scores are cuz they were short answer tests that have to be graded by hand. I did find out that I got a 95 on those maps that I posted earlier. That's right, people. Chomp down on it!

Something good happened today. I went to the bookstore to sell back my textbooks. I also took a pile of older textbooks with me that I tried to sell back before but they wouldnt' take them. It was worth a shot. The good news is they bought back all but three of the total set of books I brought in. Yeah, boy! Tcha-ching!! I got back enough to pay for almost half of the books I'll need next semester. Hey, it ain't much but it helps. Right?

Last week was AJ's band concert, Saturday was CC's dance recital and tonight was CC's choir concert. They are such awesome kids. It is so cool to see them take part in things and put themselves "out there". I admire them for that. I wish I'd been more like that myself. You know, out there trying things and stepping outside the box once in a while. Sure, everybody cares what others think and worries about being seen as a screw up. Beyond that, however, there are those who venture forth anyway and those who just watch. Is it too late to be a venturer?

My new calling: Primary Secretary!! Could it be more perfectly timed? No decisions to make. I even have an assistant who makes the copies, knocks on doors, puts up signs, passes around flyers... All I have to do is submit a quarterly attendance report and assign talks or prayers. AWESOME! My kids think I'll be bored to tears on Sundays when all I do is sit at a table in the back for a couple of hours. Maybe. We'll see. I may just get a lot of Ensign reading done.

Tonight I made the best, most savory chicken pot pie in history! It only had: 1 piece of chicken, 1 potato, a spoonful of corn, a spoonful of peas, a smidge of carrots, a pinch of onion flakes, 1 chicken boullion, 1 can cream of chicken soup. All into a pie shell and baked for 40 minutes. Simple, cheap and SO good! Can you believe it? I actually made something that we all liked for dinner. It's the end of the world as we know it....

Ma said her friend Marlene went in to hospital in Grand Junction to have a hip replaced but now she won't wake up. It's got ma kinda freaked out cuz Marlene is such a good friend to her. I told her we'd keep both Marlene and herself in our prayers. Ma's still battling that shingles junk and dealing with her back pains. What a long time to have to put up with all that baloney!

What do I want for Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment