Monday, December 7, 2009

What's Eating Me

I'm so sick of making he same things for supper over and over and over. Aren't you sick of it too? More often than not, the kids don't even want supper anymore. They aren't hungry or they just would rather eat cereal or something. They call it a "can we have a whatever we want dinner tonight?".

Mac-n-cheese with hotdogs
Spaghetti & garlic toast
Turkey burgers & oven potatoes
Fish Sticks & rice
Tuna patties & rice

Sometimes....chicken enchiladas, stew, meatloaf.

Yesterday I cooked a turkey dinner and for the first time in my life the ENTIRE dinner turned out perfectly! And what a welcomed feast after fasting all day. But today, nobody but me wants leftovers.

So, is this a phase or is this a commentary on my culinary crappiness?

The other thing is that I like to eat some things that are simple and easy but the kids don't care for them. Like chili and grilled cheese sandwiches (CC will join me on occasion) or Tuna and noodles (AJ makes it for himself sometimes).

When I approach the pantry cupboards I draw a blank. All that food, all of that potential and no place to call home. Tsk tsk.

It's also true that things taste better if somebody else makes them. Trouble with that theory is that it implies that there is someone "else" around to do so.

I want a pot pie. A chicken pot pie. A nice fresh chicken pot pie. Lean white meat and fresh veggies in a smooth gravy and a flaky crust. I WANNA POT PIE, PEOPLE!

oR nOt...

Ooooooooo, I just thought of having a tuna sandwich and some chocolate milk. Cya.

No comments:

Post a Comment