Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Hearts and Flowers

    HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY, self. 

     I don't know what all the hoo-hah is about Valentine's Day.  So what if the stores are trying to sell stuff and make people feel guilty if they don't buy something to show their love.  No one is forcing you to be nice or give a token of affection.  Geez.  Get over it, people.  Chocolates and flowers ANY TIME are a good thing.  Got it?

     CC got a flower delivered to her in school today.  A guy friend randomly purchased a rose for her and it came to her in a class.  She took a beautiful photo of it and posted on FB but I wanted to share the pic here too.  She's a sweetie and it is about time she got recognized for it.  After work she and her favorite guy will exchange v-day gifts as well.  She made him a scrapbook page of photos of them in a frame, but I don't know what he got for her.

     AJ ran a great service errand this evening.  He went to the grocery store and picked up some food for a cousin, then drove the food to the cousin's home for delivery.  He went willingly and even picked up some treats to go with the basics that he purchased.  I love that my boy has unselfish moments like this.

     Media update:  My latest joys in media appreciation -

The Inspector Lynley Mysteries
Midsomer Murders
Sherlock (modern PBS version)
Downton Abbey
and, as ever, Doc Martin.













NOW ASK ME WHY I DON'T SLEEP BEFORE 4 AM.  Because I watch my shows and enjoy myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment