Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Tasseled

     Went over to the Grad Fair at the Bookstore.  Signed up, got a cap & gown, tassel included.  Actually, I had to have them change out the year on the tassel to 2011, which they were happy to do on the spot. 


     I looked at the class rings but couldn't afford one.  But, ooooooh, how I wish I could.  This one in SILVER is the one I really had my heart set on.  The sales guy said they would engrave my initials on one side and my BS degree on the other side.  Oooohh.

     Anyway.....

     It feels so good to be finished with a goal that has taken me over 30 years to complete.  So many reasons and so many things kept getting in the way but I did it!  (Am I repeating myself?  Probably, but so what?!)  I FINISHED something just for me.  No one could do it BUT me.  I wanted a bachelor's of science from BYU and I got exactly that.  Exactly That!  When I walked on campus to the graduate fair I felt ownership, you know?  I belong to campus and it belongs to me - officially! 


     I love you, BYU.  I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment