Sunday, August 2, 2009

Good Grief

This evening I put on an apron and walked over to the church to help out a friend who's daughter was having a wedding reception. I spent the time in the kitchen preparing the little plates with fruit kabobs and chicken salad rolls. It was good to give some service. I stayed in the kitchen because I wasn't dressed for the reception. After about 2 hours I came home and plopped into a chair. TV.
-
CC came home from babysitting and went to her room to get ready for bed. When I went to her to say goodnight she was crying. After much coaxing she told me she was overwhelmed with sadness for a friend of hers. This friend's little brother was killed while he lay on the warm cement driveway and his aunt backed her vehicle over him. He died instantly. The family is devastated. My daughter knows their daughter who is her same age.
-
-
I told CC that her grief and empathy are a good thing. People who can feel what others feel and grieve with those who grieve are tuned in to the Spirit. She went to bed still crying but trying to come to terms with the whole event.
-
AJ knows the girl whose brother was killed too. He was shocked and wondered how that aunt must feel about having run over her own sister's child- her own little nephew whom she loved as one of her own.
-
Empathy is a gift. Grief can be good.
-
Things change in an instant.
Be careful.

No comments:

Post a Comment