Saturday, August 29, 2009

Raggedy Addict

Okay, I liked it. So sue me.

This one had some funny stuff that wasn't cookie-cutter Ben Stiller. My favorite part had to be Rhamen-Noodle guy with a lisp, no less. "I'm back to Life!!!"

[When we lived in Maryland, we visited Washington D.C. a few times. I remember the Air & Space museum and the Natural History museum. We never had enough time to take it all in. Some of the scene backgrounds were so familiar.]

AJ and I went together tonight to see it courtesy of a gift card that was generously donated to us by my nephew T. when he moved back home from college. Thanks, T. We got popcorn with it too. [Poor AJ laughs at the same sarcasm that I do. Sorry, AJ. Genes and all.]

CC doesn't like films or TV. She spent the evening at the local high school football game with her friends. She'd rather do the social thing than sit still and stare at a screen of any size. She's always been that way. Smart girl.

So, that brings us to today's issue: I'm a TV addict. The screwy thing about that is that there's nothing on worth watching! It's so very sad. Me and my raggedy TV habit. For shame. Last night I surfed channels and watched nothing for hours until the sun came up and the kids went to school. Yeah, that's right. I didn't sleep at all. What???? Now that's a sickness. I don't understand it myself. I can't sleep, so the TV keeps me company. I never have made the best choices in companions, have I? {It's rhetorical, people....Geez.}

What did I do to counteract the stupidity? I went to the temple this morning. Isn't that what every insomniac does? To be sure, I drove slowly on back roads and took my time. My empty stomach groaned and grumbled because it was empty. Poor patrons on either side of me could hardly hear above the noise. I was alert and attentive, however, so that is in my favor and in the favor of the soul on the other side who was a first-timer, if you know what I mean. Once the session ended, I spent some 30 minutes in the peace of the Celestial Room pondering. (No, I didn't get any major insights or visions to help me direct my life. Not this time.)

Don't ask me to explain it. There's no reason to my insanity.

I did feel better on the drive home. Tuna on toast, apple juice and a nap helped too.

Messed up, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment