Thursday, August 6, 2009

SS


You know, because I'm a Big-C survivor, I have radar for anyone else's anxious tests and procedures.

Tonight I chatted on FB with someone who is going in to have an ultrasound because of a lump in a private area that has been bugging them for about a year and a half. This person won't tell the family until after the results are in. My firsts thought was to ask if they have had a blessing yet. I guess the doctor is pretty sure it is a tumor but will do the ultrasound to confirm. Wow. Scarey stuff.

I remember this person from years ago. When we first met they were a teen and we hit it off right away. Since then we've had limited contact but have always been happy to re-connect. When I think about this stressful time I remember this person as the teen I first encountered and see the laughter and remember the sense of humor.

Good luck, SS. I will keep you in my prayers and hope for all to be well with you and yours.
P.S. Finally heard the diagnosis on Aug. 17th: non-cancer, but a lump to be treated. YAY~!

No comments:

Post a Comment