Saturday, August 8, 2009

Whacked Weeds

Our home teacher came over this morning with a heavy duty weed destroyer and hacked away at the 6ft. tall weeds down the side of my home.
This year I got lazy and let that area just go to ruin.
The result: weeds as tall and taller than myself.
-
Usually we have a garden there because it gets sun all day long. The heat bounces off the side of the house and keeps the ground and vegetation nice and warm. But not
this year. Just didn't have the desire to try a garden.
No motivation, no funds, no energy...Now it looks like a yellow pile of straw. At least I can see the ground though. What a nice thing to do. Just thinking about pulling all that trash by hand made my head ache.
-
So, I came inside the house after the home teacher left, I got on my knees beside my bed, and I cried. What the heck? I didn't understand it. This was a good thing that happened. Somebody did something nice without asking for anything in return. Why cry about it?
-
I realized that I was feeling overwhelmed by the gesture. Yeah, life has been delivering hit after hit for many years now and it hasn't been fun. I suppose the act of kindness that addressed a real need I have ( with no strings attached ) just caught me in a sensitive moment and I wasn't prepared. No waiting for the other shoe to drop. No wondering if I was thankful enough. No thoughts of imposing. No self-defeating tapes playing in my head about how I am such a loser and can't do anything for myself. Nothing like that. Just simple joy and gratitude for help that I really really needed.
-
We are officially noxious no more.
-
Boring post, no? Oui!
I'm sure I can get more tedious though. Give me a sec.

No comments:

Post a Comment