Thursday, August 6, 2009

Viral

Well, I think I'm in trouble.

I've been house-sitting for some friends and using their computer to check my email, etc. Today while online I was hit with a giant TROJAN infection that kept growing and growing as I stared in disbelief. The sick thing about it too was that it crept in from nowhere and not only disabled their anti-virus software, it erased it! So the computer is a sitting duck for the nasties.

It made me think: we humans sure have to spend a lot of time protecting ourselves and our property from the evil elements around us. Police, jails, lawyers, security systems, firewalls, anti-virus, spyware, malware, shoplifters, burglars, vandals, politicians...

Did you ever think about all of the spectacular progress humankind could have made beyond where we are today if all of the nasties put their genius and coniving to work for good instead of evil? What a waste.


Well, we'll have to take my friends' hardrive in for an overhaul. Shame. I say Nie!

So, folks, don't click anything that looks like a warning about a viral attack or a trojan infection because that is the virus itself and it will take you to other sites that will be more viruses pretending to be helping or pretending to have something for sale that will be helpful.

It's a sick world sometimes, huh.

No comments:

Post a Comment