Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Pumpkin Seedless

CC is off to girls camp

and I miss her already.



Strangely enough, I absolutely HATED going to girls camp when I was a youth. It was torture. When it came time for my girl to start attending, all of my old angst came back to me like the flu. I hadn't ever told her about my bad experiences, hoping against all hope that it would be a different adventure for her.

Thanks to leaders who actually give a #$*)#@, she enjoyed her first year and came home filled with stories and assorted photos to share. (I made it a point to find those leaders and let them know how much this meant to me.)

{whew!}

So, now she is a veteran camper. One year it was frying hot at camp, another year it was freezing. She went prepared for everything this time.

Have fun, my girl. Have all the fun that I should have had when it was my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment