Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Terminal Car


Yep, it happened. I drove home and went inside for about 45 minutes. When I went back out to the car to drive AJ somewhere the car was dead. No warning, no symptoms. Just cold silence.

We popped the hood and saw the corrosion on the battery terminals. Some baking soda and water soon ate that away but still no spark. AJ was on a deadline to get to OHS and catch a bus for the Corps Encore event up in Ogden. So, I called my VT and she came to the rescue. He made it on time thanks to her ride.

Next, I called Stone, hoping he was still in town, and asked him to come give my car a jump. He was so nice to just swing by on his way home from work. When he popped his hood he had the same corrosion problems. It took some charging until my engine finally turned over. Whew!

THANK-YOU STONE!!

Of course, by the time I got to a repair place they were getting ready to close. And also, of course, the new battery I required was sold out completely.

Miracle of miracle: a nice tech came in the shop, walked into the storeroom, rummaged around, found me a battery and then took the extra time to install it. Total costs was only for the battery and a replacement terminal. No charge for labor. {I know!}

We are back on the road. Terminal and battery replaced.

Stress level decompressing even as I write. *tsssssssssss

No comments:

Post a Comment