Sunday, July 19, 2009

Like a Record Baby.....





Back in the day.....
I used to listen to Dad's old Bill Cosby records and then his reel-t0-reel tapes. Hour after hour I'd play those things. The rest of the kids and I would rattle off quotes from this stuff. Driving along in the car, we'd see who could remember the most acurately. We agreed that "Noah" was the bit that we remembered the best. "Who is this, really." "Am I on candid camera?"
-
Stone just made me a copy of his Bill Cosby stuff and handed it over. A two-disc set. It had been a long time since I had been able to listen to it and once I played the first segment, I was hooked again. Thank-you, Stone, for remembering me like this. I was so happy!
-
A package just came this week from mom. She (with the help of Shep, who had recently visited her and helped get this sorted out on the computer) downloaded all of the Bill Cosby she had saved from those records and reels that I loved so dearly when I was younger. A five-disc set. Thanks for the memories. I'm still happy.
-
So, the "Chicken Heart" has been thump-thumping in my home for several days now. I can't seem to get enough of "smearing that Jello".
-
"The Giant is home! The Giant has money!"
-
What's your favorite Bill Cosby routine? You know you have one (or two, or three...).
He spins me right round, baby, right round...

No comments:

Post a Comment